So the Reds might need another bullpen arm tonight after Carlos Fisher threw 60 pitches. Neither Jared Burton nor Aroldis Chapman pitched last night. Could one of them be on the way?
- Louisville beat Toledo 6-5. Phillippe Valiquette, Jason Isringhausen, Enerio Del Rosario, and Danny Ray Herrera combined for 4 innings of 1 run ball to preserve the win. (Chapman didn't go out to get the save, could he be on his way? Perhaps, perhaps not, given that he threw 33 pitches Sunday afternoon. Jared Burton wasn't used either. His callup could be just as likely). Wilkin Castillo, Zack Cozart, and Yonder Alonso each had 2 hits, but Yonder's were each doubles. Daniel Dorn hit his 10th homer of the year. I'm not just saying this because Jim Edmonds kind of stunk it up yesterday, but I think Dorn would be a better left-handed platoon outfield option than Edmonds (and Nix, for that matter). He's OPSing well over .900 against righties this season. Up Next:
- Carolina fell 5-4. Matt Klinker struggled a bit (again), but Brad Boxberger threw 2 shutout innings of relief, striking out 4. Dave Sappelt had 2 more hits (ho hum) and Devin Mesoraco had a double and 3 walks.
- Lynchburg played a doubleheader, losing the first 8-7 but winning the second 5-2. Lots of decent individual performances, go check them out!
- Dayton lost 8-3. Kevyn Feiner was 2-4 with a double and a triple
- Billings was suspended, but they played long enough for Billy Hamilton to single and steal his 27th base of the year.
- AZL Reds were off.