Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
- Angel Pagan homered off of Bronson Arroyo in the first inning. It would be the only run the Mets would get. Mets lead, 1-0.
- Brandon Phillips tied things up for the Reds, hitting a home run, his twelfth of the year, off of Jon Niese in the third inning. Game tied, 1-1.
- The Mets threatened a few times, but timely pitching and defense, such as Chris Heisey's spectacular catch in the sixth inning to rob Jason Bay of extra bases, kept the Mets off the board.
- After making that catch, Heisey came up to bat in the seventh inning and hit a home run to left field to give the Reds the lead. Then Drew Stubbs reached on an infield single, and one out later, Bronson Arroyo blooped a bunt to reach base. Brandon Phillips then hit a ground rule double to drive in Stubbs, although Bronson would have easily scored on the play. Reds win, 3-1.
- Bronson Arroyo did not walk a batter, only the second time this season he's done that.
- Bronson pitches well against the Mets. Going into tonight's game, he had held them to a career .655 OPS against, the seventh lowest total of any team Arroyo has faced. One of the teams that has fared even worse against Arroyo in his career? The Cincinnati Reds, with a .568 OPS against in two games.
- Arroyo's allowed 1 run at Citi Field in 17 innings, has never walked a Met there, only given up 11 hits, and struck out 8. It's like anti-Toronto.
- The Reds wore "Vote Votto" shirts under their uniforms today. Did you?
|Final - 7.7.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|New York Mets||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||8||1|
|WP: Bronson Arroyo (9 - 4)
SV: Francisco Cordero (24)
LP: Jon Niese (6 - 3)