- Louisville was shut out by Durham 6-0 on a decent start by Matt Maloney. Matty pitched 7 1/3 innings, giving up 2 ER and striking out 4. Apparently, a trip to Louisville hasn't helped DRH's confidence, as he gave up 3 runs in his 2/3 inning outing. Despite not scoring any runs, the Bats had 10 hits, 3 of them by Yonder Alonso. Up next: Sam LeCure is listed as the starter against Durham at 7:05, but he's currently on the DL, so who knows who will be pitching.
- Carolina won 6-5 against Jacksonville behind an early lead. Devin Mesoraco went 2-for-4 with 3 RBI and his 7th HR in AA, and his 17th overall. We here at RR expected Mesoraco to have a breakout season, but could anyone have predicted he'd be one behind in July? Denis Phipps also had a homer, and Matt Fairel pitched 6 innings of 2-run ball with 5 strikeouts for the win. Up next: Matt Klinker gets the ball against Jacksonville at 7:15.
- Lynchburg were blanked by Wilmington 3-0. Felix Perez and Kevin Coddington combined for 4 of the Hillcats' 8 hits, and Mark Serrano gave up 3 runs in 6 2/3 innings. Up next: Lance Janke takes on Wilmington at 7:05.
- Dayton lost on a blown save by Pedro Villarreal to Great Lakes 7-6. J.C. Sulbaran had a decent start, pitching 5 innings and giving up 5 runs, with only one of them being earned, with 7 strikeouts. Ezequiel Infante gave up only 1 hit in 3 innings before the blown save. Chris Richburg slugged 2 homers and drove in 3 runs with his 3 hits, and Cameron Satterwhite added a solo shot as well, his 5th of the year. Up next: Jacob Johnson takes the ball against the Loons at 7:00.
- Billings was on the right end of a shutout, blanking Helena 4-0. Daniel Tuttle was masterful, pitching 6 shutout innings of 2-hit ball with 9 strikeouts. Theo Bowe and Jefry Sierra had two hits each, and Jonathan Kaskow hit his 2nd homer of the year. Up next: Daniel Corcino takes on Helena at 9:05.
- The AZL lose to the AZL Dodgers 8-4. Carlos Contreras pitched 6 shutout innings, with 8 strikeouts and no walks, but Jose Marizan gave up 4 runs in the 8th. After the A-Reds answered with 4 in the bottom of the innings, the A- scored 4 more in the 9th off of Nathan Driessen to close it out. Adam Muenster and Stephen Hunt had multi-hit games for the A-Reds. Up next: The AZL team will have a rare day game at 1:30 ET.
wasted a good start to