You see what I did there? They're baseball players, and they're getting back into the swing...oh, nevermind. Here's the recap of last night's action.
- Louisville was off. Up Next: I'm not gonna lie. The ASB messed up the rotation, so I really have no idea who is starting, but they play at 7:05.
- Carolina lost 6-4. Kris Negron and Mike Costanzo were 3-5, Devin Mesoraco was 2-4, and Felix Perez was 2-5 with a double in his first game in AA. Brad Boxberger had another rough relief outing, giving up 2 runs in just 1.2 innings. Up Next: Tom Cochran takes the hill at 7:15.
- Lynchburg won 5-3 behind a very strong start from Jordan Hotchkiss. Hotch (yes, no?) threw 7 shutout innings, striking out 6. Donnie Joseph got the save, although he gave up a run in 1.1 innings pitched on a homer. Carlos Mendez was 3-5, Cody Puckett was 2-5 with a double, and Denis Phipps hit his first homer of the year. Up Next: Same deal here. They play at 7:05, it should be Chase Ware.
- Dayton lost a crazy one, 10-9. The Dragons trailed 9-4 entering the top of the 9th, but scored 5 in their half to tie it. Unfortunately, Junior Martinez gave up a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 9th to lose it. That must've been deflating after that comeback. Henry Rodriguez was 2-5 with a double and a SB, and Chris Richburg and Frank Pfister each went 2-4 with a homer. Up Next: The Dragons play at 8:00.
- Billings lost 6-5. Lots of offense in this one, sort of. The Mustangs got 10 hits, all singles. Yorman Rodriguez was back in the lineup and went 2-5, Juan Duran went 2-4 with a walk, and Billy Hamilton was 2-4 with 2 walks and 3 stolen bases. Those Mustangs must be aggressive baserunners, as there were 5 SB but 4 caught stealing and 1 pickoff in this game. Up Next: Somebody will start at 9:15.
- AZL Reds lost 2-1, ruining a nice start from Ismael Guillon. Guillon threw 5 strong innings, giving up 1 run while striking out 4. Sam Diaz was 2-4 and Kurtis Muller was 1-3 with a double. Up Next: The AZL Reds are off Thursday.