Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Nobody? Ok, we'll go with Ryan Rowland-Smith. The proverbial dingo to our baby pitched six shutout innings and earned his first win of the season. Sure he walked five and only struck out two, but the Reds could only manage three harmless hits off of him. Honorable mentions go to Aaron Harang and Logan Ondrusek.
- The Reds got two of their three hits in the second inning - singles from Scott Rolen and Jay Bruce. But with runners on the corners and one out, Drew Stubbs popped out and Chris Heisey grounded out to second.
- After a walk in the third inning, Brandon Phillips got picked off. It's his seventh time caught stealing.
- In the bottom of the fourth inning, the Mariners got their leadoff man on with an infield hit from Chone Figgins. One out later, Jose Lopez hit a single that put runners on the corners with one out, just like the Reds had earlier. Only Franklin Gutierrez was able to hit the ball into the outfield for a sacrifice fly. Mariners get the only run of the game, 1-0.
- The Reds had two runners on in the sixth with one out, and Johnny Gomes flew out and Jay Bruce struck out. They had two runners on in the seventh, both in scoring position, with one out and Orlando Cabrera and Brandon Phillips both struck out.
- The Mariners have an 8-1 record against the Reds, all time. The Reds have never scored more than two runs in any of the losses.
- The Reds have scored one run in their last 30.1 innings. For comparison's sake, Arthur Rhodes has only allowed one run in his last 30.2 innings. That's right, we are as good as every chump team facing the Colossus.
- Orlando Cabrera is now batting .108 over his last ten games.
- But the bullpen pitched its fourth scoreless game in a row!
- The Reds have been shut out seven times all season, five times since May 30, and three times in their last six games.
- This is the first time the Reds have been swept in a series since April 11-13 against Pittsburgh.
|Final - 6.20.2010||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Ryan Rowland-Smith (1 - 6)
SV: David Aardsma (15)
LP: Aaron Harang (5 - 7)