Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Rafael Furcal. Besides going 5-6, Furcal also made two stellar defensive plays to rob Joey Votto and Scott Rolen of hits. Honorable mentions go to James Loney, Manny Ramirez, Drew Stubbs and Jordan Smith.
- There was a lengthy rain delay in the top of the fifth inning. The umpires decided to keep playing, but the Reds decided to call it a day.
- Brandon Phillips's 15 game hitting streak came to an end.
- Reds pitchers surrendered 19 hits, a season high. The previous high was 18, also against the Dodgers.
- A starter went out after the rain delay to get the five innings to qualify for a win -- and it wasn't Aaron Harang!
- Three Dodgers (Rafael Furcal, James Loney, and Casey Blake) saw 31 pitches. Only three Reds saw 15 or more pitches.
- Jordan Smith made his major league debut, giving up one hit and pitching a scoreless ninth. He was the only Reds pitcher to not give up a run.
- Reds relievers allowed all their inherited runners to score. Micah Owings walked the relief pitcher while the bases were loaded.
- The Dodgers are averaging 10 runs a game this season at Great American Ball Park.