It looks like Red Reporter may have an effect on the Reds after all. As you all know, for several years now, it has been a Red Reporter tradition to get together and go to Game 2. We have braved all kinds of weather, and for the most part have sat in an empty stadium.
It looks like the Reds have taken notice, and decided to try and draw a crowd this year. Maybe it was a good idea to buy tickets in advance? We have long known that "Opening Night" (As they are now calling it) was going to have a kickass giveaway. Who wouldn't want a Reds Snuggie? However, it looks like they have a lot more planned. Not too long ago, it was announced that there would be fireworks after the game. That's always a sure be to draw a good crowd.
They have also announces a slew of other game 2 activities. As a Game 2 Veteran, I can assure you that none of these things have been happening in previous years. This is a rundown of "Opening Night's" events, or you can Click here for the Reds Site.
Here's a rundown of the night's events:Opening 5:10 p.m.
- Hall of Fame breezeway gate opens to all fans
- Reds Fleecie Giveaway (first 20,000 fans), presented by hhgregg
- Fan Zone Fun: "Meet & Greet" with current Reds players and special appearance by Hall of Famer Joe Morgan, Carnival Performers, Games and Reds House DJ "DJ Sab"
- Right field Porch: Swingtime Big Band performing
- Special "Opening Night" Team Introductions
- Ceremonial first pitch by Joe Morgan
- Anthem Performed by "Widow Douglas" (Jenn Scott) from The Children's Theatre's production of "Tom Sawyer"
- Flyover: Four (4) F-16s from the 178th Fighter Wing of Springfield, Ohio
- Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- Right field Porch: Swingtime Big Band performing between innings throughout the game
- 101st Airborne Rangers U.S. Army Parachute Demonstration Team
- Fireworks Spectacular, presented by Hollywood Casino