About three and a half hours from the Louisville-Kentucky men's collegiate basketball game that Dave from Louisville and JCH have looked forward to all year. This is the day when Preston Knowles and Peyton Siva show the Cats what a REAL backcourt looks like.
Here's what we know going into the game:
1. Siva is battling a stomach virus, which has been diagnosed by experts at Jewish Hospital as "John Wall Flu." He is questionable to go today.
2. DeMarcus Cousins is the reigning SEC Player of the Week, but despite going for 19 and 12 against Hartford this week, he has almost no shot to repeat for the award as Wall set a UK record with 16 assists in the game. Still, this is the only result that is really still in question going into today.
3. Rick Pitino has an 11-8 career record against John Calipari, including 8-5 in college games. Their last matchup was that horrifying Darius Washington free-throw experiment.
4. A search on redreporter.com of the words "John Wall" yields 85 results. "Peyton Siva" yields 5.
6. John Wall averages 17.2 points a game and is second in the nation in assists (7.5) and is considered the leading candidate for National Player of the Year.
7. Louisville has a lot of special players, too.
So I'm sure someone will get upset because this is a Reds blog and you're sick of reading about John Wall, but I don't want to go to A Sea of Blue and I'd rather share this moment with my great friends on here. So let's get it.