I had a very nice game wrap done tonight, only to be screwed by SBN. So you get this instead.
Joe Nuxhall Memorial Honorary Star of the Game
Paul Janish with his three doubles, the last of which drove in the winning run.
- The Astros were off and running in the first inning, stealing three bases and playing smawball to the tune of three runs.
- The Reds answered in the bottom of the first when Drew Stubbs hit a leadoff home run and obc pulled off the rare double prediction, Reds trail 3-2
- Kaz Matsui homered to make it 4-2 until the sixth when Janish got his double on to get things going and the Reds scored two runs to tie it at 4 runs apiece.
- In the seventh, Corky Miller did the best thing he could do at the plate and after being replaced by a pitcher as a pinch runner (REALLY?), the Janish-ator doubled in Bronson to make it 5-4.
- Aaron Boone made the last out. No matter your feelings for the Reds teams of that era, you have to admit Boone was a class act and and deserves the respect he got for making it all the way back. Good job Aaron
Oh, and here's the box for those interested:
|Final - 9.15.2009||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||R||H||E|
|WP: Daniel Ray Herrera (4 - 4)
SV: Francisco Cordero (36)
LP: Samuel Gervacio (1 - 1)