The starting pitching was awesome last night. 5 of the 6 starters combined to pitch 30 1/3 innings and only gave up 1 run.
- Louisville won 5-3 in 12 innings, with Chris Heisey once again being the hero. He doubled in the winning runs in the 12th, for one of his 3 hits, with one other hit being his 2nd HR in AAA. Drew Stubbs, Darnell McDonald, and Chris Valaika all had two hits. Adam Pettyjohn started the game and pitched 5 innings of 1-run ball. Jeff Kennard, Pedro Viola, and Jared Burton all added scoreless outings from the bullpen, but it was Kip Wells who stole the show, pitching two innings of one hit ball, striking out 3. Up next: starts against Columbus at 7:05.
- OBC'S ADAM ROSALES UPDATE: Adam Rosales was 1-for-3 with 3 walks and a run scored. He started at shortstop, which is kind of interesting. Maybe grooming him for the position for later on in the season?
- Carolina won 2-1 in 11 innings, after going scoreless through 9. You're not going to believe this... but Travis Wood had another great start. 7 innings, 3 hits, no runs, 9 K, 1 BB. That's straight up dominance. He's 8-2 with a 1.37 ERA in 105 innings so far. What the hell is he still doing in AA, Walt? Logan Ondrusek pitched two solid in relief, and Sean Watson got the win despite giving up a run in the bottom of the 11th to make it close. Todd Frazier hit his 9th HR of the season to give the Mudcats the lead after Juan Francisco walked, and Jose Castro added two hits. They were supposed to play a doubleheader, but the second game wasn't played for some reason. Probably because the first one took so long. Up next: Tom Cochran takes on Jacksonville at 7:05.
- Sarasota won a pitchers' duel 1-0. Rafael Gonzalez went 7 shutout innings, and Mace Thurman added two of his own to combined for the shutout. Denis Phipps drove in the only run. Up next: Sarasota takes on Fort Myers at 7:05, with Travis Webb taking the hill.
- Dayton also won a pitchers' duel 1-0 behind the golden arm of Curtis Partch. Partch gave up 6 hits in 6 innings, and Junior Martinez and Aguido Gonzalez pitched hitless outings to close it out. The Dragons were only to score one run on 14 hits, but it turned out to be enough. Josh Fellhauer was 3-for-5. Up next: J.C. Sulbaran takes on the LumberKings at 8.
- Billings was the lone loser, losing 7-1 to Orem. Alexis Oliveras and Chris Richburg had two hits each, and Bryan Gardner and Daniel Corcino both pitched scoreless relief outings. Up next: Shea Snowden takes on Orem at 9:05.
- Pedro Villarreal and Marcos Molina combined for 8 shutout innings as the GCL won 6-1. If your last name was Rodriguez you had a good game. Yorman Rodriguez, Cristobal Rodriguez, and Henry Rodriguez all had two hits and a RBI, and Petr Cech drove in 2 of his own. As far as I know, they're not related, but still, having three Rodriguez's in the same lineup could get confusing. Up next: They take on the GCL at noon with Tyler Cline starting.