I'm still reeling from jch's majestic conquering of the Bardzilla, but the minor league teams played last night anyway. Unfortunately, 3 losses out of 4, and the Bats beat up on the lowly Clippers.
- All of the Bats position players had a hit as Louisville rocked Columbus 6-1. Wilkin Castillo was 2-for-4 with a HR and Drew Sutton drove in 2 runs. The pitching was solid, as Ramon Ramirez gave up just one run on 5 hits in 6 innings. Josh Roenicke pitched 1 1/3 perfect innings for his 10th save of the year. Up next: Homer Bailey takes on the Clippers in RR-country at 7:05.
- Zach Stewart had another great outing, but didn't get a decision as Carolina lost the game in the 9th, 2-1. Stewart only gave up 1 run in 6 innings. Sean Henry hit his 6th HR of the season. Up next: Travis Wood takes on West Tenn at 7:15.
- Sarasota lost 5-1 to Lakeland. Jeremy Horst started and struck out 7 hitters, but gave up 4 runs in 5 1/3 innings. The S-Reds only run came on a Denis Phipps HR in the 9th, and Carson Kainer went 2-for-4. Up next: Jerry Gil takes on Lakeland at 7.
- Dayton lost to Fort Wayne in extras last night 4-3 in 13. Dave Sappelt and Jake Long led the way for the offense with two hits each, but eventually the TinCaps rallied in the 13th off of Mark James to pull out the victory. Up next: Dayton takes on Fort Wayne again at 7:05. No starter listed, I think it should be J.C. Sulbaran. Or Matt Fairel, if he ever gets to pitch again.
- Roster Moves: Pitchers Scott Carroll and Lee Tabor are now with Sarasota. Carroll's a 3rd round pick from 2007, and was successful at two levels last season. Tabor was an undrafted free agent, who pitched in A+ and AA last year as a reliever.