[Note by Slyde, 03/04/09 6:06 PM EST ] REMINDER: If you signed up to do an NL Team preview, they start on Monday, March 9th. Please check the schedule for your date.
No day game today, so here's what Reds fans are talking about:
- The Sporting News Today has a feature on Adam Pettyjohn, and his bizarre story. Part 1 of 3 runs today. (h/t to RLN) Definitely worth checking out, and you can count me among the ones who hope No Guts No Glory has another great season in Louisville.
- I know jch already mentioned this in a thread, but it warrants repeating. A follow-up on the story about the minor leaguer who was traded for bats takes a tragic turn. I think that's the last transaction of that type we'll be seeing.
- JinAZ has a story about Ramon Hernandez on the Spring Training '09 website. He goes into it a bit further on his site.
- Also from the Spring Training '09 site, a little piece on the Reds starting rotation by our very own Slyde.
- Tim Curtis has a post on Fay's blog about how the Reds playing in the WBC fared in exhibition play yesterday. He mentioned Reds farmhand Luca Panerati, who was apparently added to Italy's roster while all of the beat writers were sleeping. He gave up a HR to Elijah Dukes in his inning.
- Doug has an article about the value of the Reds minor league system.
- Chalk up another article about the Reds being a sleeper team in the NL, this time by Tufts Daily. These articles do not bode well for our chances this season.
- From the Reds Internal Affairs blog, a look inside the GABP Press Box.
- Fresh Talks has an interview with Chris Dickerson about his WePlayGreen site. He's a very astute young man.
- SI has an article about one of the most interesting stories in baseball right now, the two kids who were brought over from India to pitch in the Pirates system. They also write one of my favorite blogs when they're not pitching or hanging out with Barry Bonds.
- I don't have a link for this, but HAVOC Energy drinks have released a Cincinnati Bearcats version of their fine beverage into the Cincinnati area. I had one this morning, and by golly I'm disrupting the ordinary. They were right.
The Reds play tonight at 6:05 against the Netherlands, but no radio and no GameDay coverage. The Reds Internal Affairs blog has lineups.
Rosales batting 4th?! If we find updates, we'll have them.