We've had a pretty good year so far here at Red Reporter, and as a way of saying thanks you the readers, we'd like to give you a prize, but you're going to have to earn it.
What you'll win: Two scout seat tickets to the non-premium game (so not Cleveland Indians (May 22-24) or Chicago Cubs (June 5-7)) of your choice for the 2009 season. You will have the choice of Scout Box seats (sections 22-25) if they are available or regular scout seats (sections 122-126) plus $25 in cash. And you can pick the game. If for some reason scout tickets are not available for a game you can attend or if you would rather have more tickets in a cheaper section, we can work it out, but the maximum prize value is $150. If you will not be able to make it to Cincinnati for a game this year, you will receive a gift card to Reds.com for $150.
Here's how it will work. Now through Sunday, March 29th, you will give us your best prediction to the questions below. After Opening Day happens, I will score each person's set of questions such that you will get +1 point for a correct answer and -1 point for an incorrect answer. The person with the highest score wins. If there is a tie, the person with the closest answer on the tie breaker without going over will win the prize. If there is still a tie, then the person who posted their answer first wins.
How to play: Copy and paste the questions below with your answers into a comment. Be sure to answer every question completely. Any question that does not have an answer will be an automatic -1 point on your score.
1. For each of these players, indicate if they will make the Opening Day 25-man roster (OD) or not make the roster (NOT). A player on the DL is not considered to be on the roster. You will get a point for each correct answer and lose a point for each incorrect answer:
Daniel Ray Herrera
2. What will be the last inning that Aaron Harang pitches in on Opening Day?
3. Who will have the first hit
of the season on Opening Day for the Reds? (if no hits, say none)
4. Who will hit the first home run
of the season on Opening Day for the Reds? (if no HR, say none)
5. Which pitchers will pitch during
the game Opening Day for the Reds? (one point for each correct player listed, minus one point for each incorrect player listed).
6. Who will have the first successful stolen base
of the season on Opening Day for the Reds? (if no SB, say none)
7. Who will be the batter when the first run scores on Opening Day for the Reds? (If no runs, say none)
8. Who will score the first run
of the season on Opening Day for the Reds? (If no runs, say none)
9. How many runs will the Reds score on Opening Day?
10. How many runs will the Mets score on Opening Day?
11. Who will the winning pitcher be on Opening Day?
12. Who will the losing pitcher be on Opening Day?
13. Who will get the save on Opening Day? (if no save, say none)
14. How many times will Willy Taveras safely get on base (i.e. hit, walk, hbp) on Opening Day?
15. Who will be the starting LF for the Reds on Opening Day?
16. Will the game last more than 2 hours and 45 minutes?
17. Who will have more hits on Opening Day, the Reds or the Mets? (if tie, say so)
18. Who will hit more home runs on Opening Day, the Reds or the Mets? (if tie, say so)
19. Who will steal more bases on Opening Day, the Reds or the Mets? (if tie, say so)
20. Which batters will strike out more on Opening Day, the Reds or Mets? (if tie, say so)
TIE BREAKER: What will be the official announced attendance at GABP for Opening Day 2009?