Some stuff to look at while you try to figure out why so many people have black marks on their foreheads today...
- The Reds had their first intersquad not-a-game yesterday. The Reds won 7-3 over the Reds, with Joey Votto leading the way going 2-2 with a double, HR, and 4 RBI.
Nine Reds players will be playing in the World Baseball Classic. Here's the breakdown:
Canada - Joey Votto
Dominican Republic - Edinson Volquez, Johnny Cueto, Willy Taveras
Mexico - Jerry Hairston Jr.
Venezuela - Ramon Hernandez
Netherlands - Alexander Smit, Juan Carlos Sulbaran
Chinese Taipei - Yen-Wen Kuo
Besides the big leaguers, I'm looking forward to see Sulbaran pitch. He's supposed to be something special. Thankfully, Mario Soto is the pitching coach on the Dominican Republic team and plans to keep an eye on Volquez and Cueto.
- This was linked in the FanShots, but Redleg Nation has an interview with Chris Welsh up on their site. You already knew that though since you spend half your day reading the FanShots.
- Also from the FanShots, is impersonating a journeyman minor leaguer really a crime?
- For those outside of the FSN Ohio viewing area, CTR reports that the Reds will be on MLB Network twice this Spring. The games are March 19 at 7 p.m. against the Red Sox and the next day, March 20 at 1 p.m. at Houston. Both games will be televised live. MLB Network will have 61 televised spring games in all.
- A nice article on Daniel Ray Herrera. You should check it out, if for no other reason than this picture that really puts his size into perspective.
- The Reds have gotten the paperwork out of the way for Chris Dickerson, Jeff Keppinger, Danny Richar, and Ryan Hanigan as all signed their one-year deals that they didn't have much choice on anyway.
- This is a couple of weeks old, but I don't think it's been mentioned on here yet. Sully Baseball is doing their all time homegrown vs. acquired teams for each franchise. Here is the Reds list. My only quibble is that I'd probably start Kluszewski over Perez.
- Sometimes I feel as though Reds fans and Pirates fans are kindred souls. Seems like their bloggers fight many of the same fights we do.
No Red Report today, it's a holy day - first game of the Spring kicks off at 1pm on 700 WLW!