That one was fun. Very exciting ninth inning.
- I really like having Chris Denorfia in right field. He hasn't hit much yet, and I'm not sure about having him in the leadoff spot, but his defense is awesome, and ... I just like the guy. He seems to play hard, and I appreciate that. Not the most rational thing in the world, but these things often aren't.
- Rich Aurilia is killing this team in the cleanup spot. The bad thing is that I don't know who else to put there. EdE comes to mind though, he'd certainly be a better option.
- Bronson Arroyo just can't catch a break, but he helped the team win tonight, and in the end that's what matters. To us anyway. I'm sure he'd still like to have the W.
- 35,000 in attendance. Good to see.
- I could be a bastard here and say something about the new bullpen (and I did in the comments of the game thread), but I'm not going to. That wasn't Majestic's fault, it was Narron's. I realize he hasn't had a bullpen to work with all year, but he needs to do a better job managing things than that. Todd Coffey still needs work.
- From the AP game notes: "The Reds used the same starting lineup for the second day in a row, the first time they'd done that all season." That's amazing.
- Damn Cardinals keep winning, but it doesn't matter. I think this is a Wild Card team we're looking at, so they need to put some distance between themselves and Houston, Milwaukee, San Fran, and LA, and they're doing that. The Reds are now a game a half up in the Wild Card race.